Atlético Madrid vs Athletic Club News, Stats and Predictions
Sports Innovation previews the Spanish Super Cup match between Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao and offers team stats, betting tips and the latest odds.
Current Spanish Super Cup champions Athletic Bilbao will look to reach their second consecutive final tonight if they manage to beat Atletico Madrid, the La Liga trophy holders. The winners at the King Fahd International Stadium in Saudi Arabia will meet Real Madrid in the final on January 16, who beat Barcelona yesterday evening.
Los Colchoneros have had a pretty stable La Liga campaign, however are not the leaders this season. Whereas, Los Leones are struggling to keep up with the teams at the domestic level as they stand ninth in the league.
Anyhow, Bilbao will try their best to defeat Diego Simeone’s defensive side to retain the Copa del Rey title.
Season facts for Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao.
Facts are calculated for Super Cup
- Total goals was UNDER 3.5 in Atletico Madrid’s last 4 of 6 matches;
- Total goals was OVER 3.5 in Atletico Madrid’s last 2 of 4 matches;
- Atletico Madrid scored in the last 5 of 6 matches;
- Atletico Madrid conceded in the last 4 of 6 matches.
- Athletic Bilbao unbeaten the last 4 matches in a row;
- Athletic Bilbao unbeaten the last 3 matches in a row when playing away;
- Total goals was OVER 2.5 in Athletic Bilbao’s last 5 of 6 matches;
- Total goals was OVER 3.5 in Athletic Bilbao’s last 2 of 4 matches.