Chelsea are set to play Brighton & Hove Albion at Stamford Bridge in the English Premier League on Wednesday.
Chelsea come into this game on the back of a 3-1 win over Steven Gerrard’s Aston Villa in the league. Two penalties from midfielder Jorginho and a second-half goal from Belgian striker Romelu Lukaku sealed the deal for Thomas Tuchel’s Chelsea. A first-half own goal from right-back Reece James proved to be a mere consolation for Aston Villa.
Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion Head-to-Head and Key Numbers
- In nine head-to-head encounters between the two sides, Chelsea hold the clear advantage, having won six games.
- Brighton & Hove Albion have won only one game, with the other two finishing as draws.
- Chelsea’s big summer buy, Belgian superstar Romelu Lukaku, has blown hot and cold so far this season. His second spell with Chelsea has seen him register four league goals in 12 games, seven of which have been starts.
- Brighton & Hove Albion, meanwhile, enjoyed an excellent start to their league campaign, but have fallen off recently. They were winless in 11 league games before beating Brentford.
- For the Seagulls, much of the focus is taken by charismatic forward Neal Maupay, whose performances tend to swing wildly from poor to top-class. Belgium international Leandro Trossard has quietly done well though. The 27-year old has four league goals this season.