2021’s Moto3™ runner-up was 0.9s faster than Migno as action gets underway at the Lusail International Circuit
Tags Moto3, 2022, GRAND PRIX OF QATAR, FP1
2021 runner-up Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) dominated Moto3™ FP1 at the Grand Prix of Qatar after setting a 2:05.414 on his final lap, seeing the Italian beat compatriot Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) by a hefty 0.9s. Carlos Tatay (CFMoto Racing PrüstelGP) was third fastest in the opening session of 2022, the Spaniard was 1.1s off Foggia’s time.
Tatsuki Suzuki made it two Leopard Racing Hondas in the top five as the Japanese rider claimed P4, with P5 going the way of Riccardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse). Track conditions were better than expected, grip levels are good on Friday at the Lusail International Circuit.
Tune into Moto3™ FP2 at 16:10 local time (GMT+3) to see if anyone can reel in the rapid Foggia on Day 1.
1. Dennis Foggia (Leopard Racing) – 1:05.414
2. Andrea Migno (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 0.970
3. Carlos Tatay (CFMoto Racing PrüstelGP) + 1.140
4. Tatsuki Suzuki (Leopard Racing) + 1.406
5. Riccardo Rossi (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 1.498
6. Alberto Surra (Rivacold Snipers Team) + 1.607
7. Lorenzo Fellon (SIC58 Squadra Corse) + 1.679
8. Jaume Masia (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 1.685
9. Daniel Holgado (Red Bull KTM Ajo) + 1.706
10. Kaito Toba (CIP Green Power) + 1.843